Gonna get a hard top...will half doors with soft uppers fit?

RayOvac

I am getting a hard top for my jeep for real cheap but I don't have the hard doors (yet). I was wondering if my half doors with soft uppers will fit and seal against the hard top. My old soft top is a bestop but its in really bad shape. The uppers are fine though. I was hoping that I could just use the half doors for a while until I can afford to get some full steel doors with actual roll up windows (nice for the winter).

Thanks,

Ray[addsig]

The soft uppers are unfortunately not going to fit flush against the hardtop... I have seen the occasional jeep with a hardtop and soft upper doors, and while it appears that you can get the doors to close, the soft uppers are much wider than the upper half of full steel doors and dont really seal as a result.

If you're looking to save some cash... You could try to locate a set of those aftermarket hard upper doors that slide open. They would probably be cheaper than full doors.

good luck,

jim

85 CJ[addsig]

Hmm damn, was hoping they might work...of course maybe with a bit of tweaking I can at least make the doors close ok...thanks for the reply.[addsig]

quadratec has upper sliding doors which work well w/ the hard top (from what im told) and they're not that bad pricewise compared to buying hard doors. good luck[addsig]

Back