Mounting warn 8274 winch on CJ7

Platsmith

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Politics, religion, and her

I just picked up a used 8274 from a friend of mine. I paid $250 for it. Got a steal. Everything works even came with a spare motor and remote cable. Only thing I have to pick up is a roller fairlead and new battery cables to be on the safe side and mount the thing. I would like to build my own mount instead of paying the 140 for the warn plate. I had read that bounty had made his own but the pictures do not show up in the post anymore. I would appreciate input from anyone that can give a hand. Thanks
Randal

RE: 81 cj7w/304

Ther is a guy on this board named West747 that would probably take that extra motor off your hands if you wanted to recoup some of your purchase price.....

Re: RE: Re: RE: Politics, religion, and her

that would be me :D ...i could REALLY use a motor for my winch....i just got stuck in a really bad hole this after noon where a winch would have com in real handy....

maybe i can convince you to sell me your spare motor with some pictures:)

take a look at the shackle in the last pic...LOL...i used a sand dune and a pry bar to pop it back into its normal position...the spring is only slighty kinked but i got some military wrap springs to fix that :)

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2128606070

my msn is west747@hotmail.com...i am usually always on it :) thanks chris west

RE: center dash piece

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. My Grandfather has been in the hospital with open heart surgery so I have been occupied with that. I am thinking about holding on to my second motor so I can keep one with me on the trail for a stand by. I kind of like to go by the old boyscouts motto. always be prepared. Do you have any kind of dimensions on the plate you built. Any info will be appreciated.
Thanks
Randal

Back