plugs and wires

Ferret

RE: Nothing really to do with a jeep....

It's time to change plugs wires etc and I was thinking of getting split fires and some better than stock wires (I'm probably going with a bored out TB, spacer, and K&N fipk soon) Does anyone who has changed plugs and wires for the better have any words of wisdom ??

RE: miss me?

Yes, get the wires from the dealer. They fit best and perform best. The low/no resistance wires are not better; maybe worse. I wouldn't waste the money on the throtte body either. Figure air in must equal air out. You'd have to upgrade the exhaust to see the gains, really. And they are minimal at best. Save your money for something more usefull. I don't see a winch or rocker guards on that pretty yellow Jeep.

Re: RE: miss me?

splitfires.. i have yet to hear anyone to say they are worth the money

i'm running champion truck plugs and i love them

RE: Re: RE: miss me?

I ran splitfires in my old Toyota 4-banger 4wd, and they helped a lot....maybe because it was carbed? Put them in the Camry and they sucked.

Anyone got a plug number for the Champion Truck Plugs? I haven't done a tune-up on old Whitey since I bought him.

I have the accell 8mm wires and bosch platmun +4 plugs, but I also have a lot of intake work, head work, and the accell 300+ ignition system. It was all installed in steps, and I did see gains at certain levels of install. If you want to upgrade you ignition to perform better, you need to increase in three other areas to get the best gains, air in, Fuel in, exhaust out!

About the split fires. I put them in my 04 cheroke and i couldnt tell any differend. Needless to say I am not spending the extra $$$$ next t

About the split fires. I put them in my 04 cheroke and i couldnt tell any differend. Needless to say I am not spending the extra $$$$ next time.

RE: Lockers and what

Its a Grand Cherokee.

Front hitch

There are lots of gimmicks in the ignition marketplace. You said better than the factory wires. Just because they may be some big, fat, pretty aftermarket wires, that in no way means they are better for your application than the factory. Unless other ignition mods have been made, you're much better off with a high quality set of factory replacements than going for cheap performance parts.

Get the highest quality standard plugs you can find. Again, gimmicks are abundant. There is no magic there.

Back