Any 1-Piece Axles for this Rearend?

LBR

RE: Re: RE: Front hitch

I have a dedicated off-road 68 CJ-5 with the offset center-section D44. The hubs are twisting on the axle and rolling the key in the keyway (big surprise). Are there any companys that offer a 1-piece axle for this rearend or would this be a specialty item from an axle builder? LBR

RE: Changing the oil in my tcase

LBR said:
I have a dedicated off-road 68 CJ-5 with the offset center-section D44. The hubs are twisting on the axle and rolling the key in the keyway (big surprise). Are there any companys that offer a 1-piece axle for this rearend or would this be a specialty item from an axle builder? LBR

The easiest on those is to get the 44 axle specs from any of the off road outfits and get the length and have them build one for you from that. Cheaper too. That's what the guys used to do back then when I had my first Kaiser built Jeep. The new setup will be different in that the keyway can't elongate.

Hope that helps.

RE: Re: Extra Wide Tires

The late 1970 and all 71 CJs had an offset diff and flanged axles. These shafts could be used, but they are 30 spline so they won't match the 19(probably) or 27 spline carrier that you have. You should check into this swap. I'm not sure of the specifics, but it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Back