Help please!

jeep girl 99

I am pretty new to this, and wanted to buy a soft top for my Jeep for summer. I bought it from a company called 4wd, and while there, found a contest for a lift kit giveaway.

I want to enter, but not sure if I can even use it. Help please! What is a lift kit and do only rock crawlers use it or can anyone use it (like for bad weather, etc.)

A lift kit is basically new suspension parts that will raise the height of your Jeep. There are tons of different makes, but most will raise your Jeep between 2.5 and 4 inches.

Anyone could use this, but it's not like a jack, but instead is a permanent part of your jeep. You may have to pay a shop a couple of hundred to install it

Terry

You could use it. A lift will increase the height of its center of gravity and make it a little strange to drive at first. It would give better performance off road and not just in the rocks. But with the lift you will want larger tires and different rims. Then you will want to upgrade the gears, and the engine to give ya more ummph. Of course a locking differential is not to far then. Well there you go, get the bug and ....

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

All Jeeps need a lift! Since you have '99 in your name I asume you have a '99 TJ. This ia a coil suspension. You need to make sure the kit is for your Jeep. If you havea sport model or Sahara your tires are 30's. Not bad for a 2" lift. It will look real funny w/ a 4" though. If you have a 4 cylinder you may have 4.10 gears. Good! If not.. you will not HAVE to change them unless you go to 35's. but may wants to change them if you get 33's. If this is your everyday driver I suggest 32's or 33's.
Let me knwo if you would like more info..

Try this? Go ahead and win the lift first, and then decide if you'll use it. It's like the lottery. When you win it, everyone will help you use it. P.S. If nothing else, it makes your jeep look cool!

[This message has been edited by MORGSTER (edited July 12, 2001).]

Back