$%&#$&# LUGNUTS

Snitty

Went to go change my rear brakes today... $%^#$%& lugnut was rounded off and I couldn't get it to break loose... I got the grinder out, cut that sumbetch in half, chiseled at it, ground away at it... got it flush to the rim, then pried the rim off... pulling what was left of the nut past the rest of the threads left... NEVER want to go through that again... it was about 2 hours of work to get my rim off

Sorry to hear it Snitty!
Ain' id a summer b*tch when that stuff comes around!

I just picked up a 97 TJ that originated in the midwest, not one freekin' nut will just come off, they are all just rusted on tighter than a virgin..... well lets just say there on there!

But hey, I'm rollin' no doors today, no real complaints! :p

Did you call it names? That always seems to help things for me, that and throwing a random tool at it, that way you always have that chip in your paint to remind you of the dreadful incident!! :x

Chip my paint? I'd never notice...

I wish I could be "rollin no doors"... my jeep wont start.. i need a starter, and I have no brake pressure.. .rebuilt my wheel cylinders today

RE: CJ Bumpsteer problem

That happened to me when I was doing my Sprint over, 4 of 5 lugnuts on the last wheel were rounded off. They were the stock ones with the stupid casing. Good thing it was stuck on the D35 that I was getting rid of anyway. But when it came time to sell it I had to heat up the nuts, smash on the nex smaller size socket, and get it off with an airgun. SUCKED.

Try these:

http://www.tooldesk.com/products/productDetail.aspx+id+887

When I purchased the Bubbacon (of course, at that time it had not yet reached the exalted heights of Bubbaconicity exhibited today), all four wheels had one of those smooth round lug nuts which required a special tool to install/remove.

No special lug nut removal tool was included with the Bubbacon.

The tool linked above took care of the problem.

I purchased my set at "Pep Boys." There are two tools of different sizes in the package.

Expensive to be sure, but worth the money if one has to deal with all four wheels.

You don't need an air impact wrench...just hammer them onto the existing lug nut and use a 1/2 inch drive ratchet or breaker bar.

Worked for me.

Regards,

Your Lug Nut-Ness, Gadget

Re: RE: Tire size for BDS lift.

Sounds like a similar problem I encountered while putting my my clocking ring on my tcase. I locked up the studs in the tcase.(they were too long) Then I put on two nuts one reversed to the other. And locked them together to try and pull the stud free. Well I striped both nuts. Had to take a blow torch to it and a good pair of vise grips. It's amazing what a little heat can do for ya. Pisses me off how cheap the hardware is that is provided with some kits.

I had some twist sockets, but they bit and cut right through the metal.. didnt have any heat to apply... I got one off before with a pipe wrench, just had a good enough bite

RE: Re: RE: How

Oooooh. Snitty hit the big 5000!!!! (but I guess post counts don't really matter do they? hehe!)

That sucks about the lug nuts though. I've had that happen with the "locking lug-nuts"....where I loose the key and have to take them off that same way. A lot of tire shops will also take stuff like that off for a few bucks too...

$%&#$&# LUGNUTS

Dealer.
Or try gator grip

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson IMG_1572.JPG

Back