90 Stock tran

deadred

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: for

Is it worth buying a draveshaft Angle Reduction Kit for this tran?? I am planing a BDS 3.5 Lift and a 1 to 2 body lift Just trying to get some thoughts

A copule other items
1. What is the stock gear in the axle's both front and rear I have not touched the axle's it is all stock
2. Are the REVOLVER SHACKLES worth it? do you need both frount and rear?
3. What body lift would you use? any perferred over the others? any to stay away from

Thanks for the input in advance

Deadred

safari tops!

You do not need to install a SYE with that lift kit if you use the transfer case drop and shims that come with it. I ran that kit with stock and then 1" longer shackles on my '92 with no problems at all.

RE: Light Problems

For axle ratio, tell us what engine and transmission type you have and we'll tell you what's most common with that setup. Or you can check the metal tags attached to the diff cover and look at the first three digits, either 307, 355, 373, or 410.

I run Revolvers in the rear and they help droop some. I wouldn't run them in the front as they tend to open under hard acceleration.

RE: Re: RE: Pics of my XJ-Testing my new Digital Camera

I have a 90 4.0 (258) and a 5 speed trany (all stock)

Thanks In advance

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Idoling too low

in '90 it would be a 4.2L not a 4.0L.

RE: Shaking Transmission

Which transmission is in a 90? Peugeot or the AX15?

Personally I wouldn't waste money setting up anything around either of those boxes, especially with your engine. The AX will take some punishment before it shows it's true colors, but the peugeot is a total turd. If you granny shift and go soft on the skinny pedal, you might get some life out of the turd, but what fun is that going to be with that engine you're building?

Unless you bought it off the showroom floor yourself.....never trust ID tags on any axle. That is, If they are even still there. Mark a tire and mark the driveshaft. Roll the Jeep across some flat ground for one full revolution of the tire that you marked, while counting the revolutions of the Dshaft. A little over 4 turns of the shaft means a 4.11:1 ratio, etc....
You could pop the cover and look on the ring gear for the stamping or count the teeth, but the rolling deal is so much easier and quicker, and you don't have to reseal and lube the diff afterwards.

RE: Ive searched for answers to spring over axle and cant fi

From What you all are saying the peugeot is junk what tran would be a good match up?? If any does not know I hav the 258 bored out to .60 over and zero planed the deck. I am having the head work doen right now I'm having a 4.0 head rebuilt (Clifford springs and standard chevy valves put in I think they are 194 intake and 175 exhaust with 110 pound setup runing a clifford 272 cam and intake and header. I am still debating the fule it is going to be either a 500 - 600 carb or the redline/weber throttle body fuel injection kit)

Re: RE: Ive searched for answers to spring over axle and can

You have the AX15. Not too bad of a transmission if you keep the correct oil in it. Do not use GL5 like the manuals say. Use either Redline MT90 or Pennzoil Synchromesh.

You likely have 3.07 axle gears with that drivetrain, and the AX15 was introduced mid-year '89 behind the 6cyl. engine.

The Peugeot BA10/5 isn't that bad a transmission, mine held up fine even after the 350 swap. So much slammin of certain parts, I recommend each jeeper should use what works for them. After all, I've been hammering on D35's for years with no problems.

I'll bash junk parts all day long.....and the peugoet is a junk part in my experience.

He doesn't need to worry about it so much because he has the slightly less crappy AX15. If he did have the Peugeot, my advice would be to run it until it blows apart(and it will) then upgrade. Just don't waste money setting up an SYE and overpriced Dshafts around it.

Back