Door Removal

Jeeppicus

RE: it was gon smooth...

This my my third Jeep and I feel bad for asking this question, but what is the easiest way, when I take the doors off a 2001 TJ, to keep the interior lights from staying on? On my 97 I just pulled a fuse and I'm not sure if this is the same and if it is, I forgot which fuse. Thanks in advance.

RE: How do I take the doors off?

On my YJ I just pull the wire connector off the back of the door light switch. Dunno if the TJ is the same set up or not.

My brother-in-law has a TJ and there are two ways to do this without having to pull the fuse. One is a little dohickey that mounts to the pin on the door frame to hold the pin in simulating the door being closed. The other is a switch you can install. I believe I saw both of these things at quadratec.com and i think I've seen the door dohickey on ebay before. They should have just left it like the YJ which is really easy!

On my 99, the fuse is identified on the chart located right under the fuse block as the "dome over-ride".....or some crap like that. On mine, I think it's on the bottom row of fuses, next to last on the right side.

RE: All Time Favorite Movie

On my '03 I think it was fuse #20, but I could be wrong (often am). What could be easier than pulling a fuse?

On my '01 the fuse is labled "door swtchd" or something like that. It's the very bottom right corner I believe.

I just pull the fuse when I have the doors off of my '01. It's the lower right-hand fuse--a red 10A. It's in the extreme lower right corner of the panel.

Back