motorcraft...

OhioMike

you;ve all heard this before i'm sure...and sorry for askin somethin that;s been asked many times...

i just bought one off a 75 cherokee 304...motorcraft 2100D...dunno wha tthe D is for but i got one...

i also got mr.gasket part number 1937...i got these numbers from searchin the forums...had toroder both of them...i'm not big on junkyard parts when it comes to carbs...i can;t rebuild one to save my life...

if; i'm correct in my research...and it may not be complete...all i need now is to mosdify the linkage to mount to my throttle?

plug off some vacuum lines...and call it good?

right wrong or moron?

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: National Anthem

When I did mine, I used a 2150. Don't know how different the two carbs are but it required a little more than just bolting it up and giving it fuel. I had to remove and plug the entire air injection system because the new carb was OBESE and would not fit. Also, the adapter plate didn't completely cover the channels in the base plate of the carb so I had to plug those. You also have to make a little bracket if you want a throttle return spring, but this is extremely simple. I just bolted an L-shaped piece of metal to the adapter plate using the existing nuts and bolts holding it to the carb. As far as the throttle, you can either mount the cable to pull the throttle BACK or add an arm to the throttle and connect the existing mechanical linkage to that so it pulls the throttle back instead of down. I'm still waiting 'till I get the time to get a correct power valve because the one on my carb is not for my engine, so its just plugged right now. You'll probably need one of those too. As far I know, the correct power valve opens when vacuum hits 16 (whatever the unit for vacuum is).

RE: Front D44 swap into Daily Driver YJ problems

inches of mercury i believe...

thanks man...i should be gettin it tomorrow...i still have the carter if i need to use it until i get all the research done..no biggie...

thanks again

Back