getting new tires tomorrow, help

jayboe

I am still mixed up about what to do with my 95 yj. It as a 4 banger with a 5-speed, and i desperately need tires. I now have 30x9.50's but i am tempted to step up to a 31x 10.50. What should i do???

All I know is that the larger you go in tire size, the slower your Jeep becomes and the engine and transmission will have more strain on them. Unfortunately I have no experience with a 4 Cyl so I dont know if it will handle the 31's fine or not. Hopefully you will get some more replies.
Good luck

Liberator AT tires? Thoughts?

Buy the less expensive tires. Save up for gears. The difference between the 30s and 31s is not going to get you over much more in the way of obstacles.

ask for used tires...most places have them...but may be reluctant to sell you them. Say your short on cash and need tires, you'll buy two new if they sell you two good used ones.

Stick with the 30's.

RE: Sound? What sound?

31's will be a tight fit with stock suspension and flares. My friend runs the same setup on his 4 banger YJ. It rubs a little on the flares but it has already worn them clear where it used to rub. I agree with nakedjeeper, stick with the 30's save for some gears and then get some big tires. But the 31's will work with the stock YJ.

Back