New Tires

Re: RE: Question...

the ssr's have notoriously puncturable sidewalls. if you dont do any hard wheeling then theyre probably fine for you. but ssr's have the worst reputation for sidewalls out of all the swampers. not that swampers have a bad rep for that, the ssr just stands alone in that category

i thought of the thornbirds but then realized you lose enuff turning radius w/regular tires and a sane offset.... those lugs look like spring biters on a YJ.... glad to know skipping over them was a GOOD choice!

The Thornbird is an all terrain tire. They may suck compared to any decent mud tire, but I can name a ton of other ATs that they would eat offroad. Got a tread grooving tool? I've heard good things about cut Thornbirds :?

I wouldn't buy a set of them.....again. I had a used set that I bought off of a wreck in the junkyard. My buddy ran them on his CJ5. They suck, but they aren't as bad as I've heard some people make them out to be.

currupt4130 said:
the ssr's have notoriously puncturable sidewalls. if you dont do any hard wheeling then theyre probably fine for you. but ssr's have the worst reputation for sidewalls out of all the swampers. not that swampers have a bad rep for that, the ssr just stands alone in that category

Thry may by "weaker" compared to the other SS (which are almost all bias ply)but i would still run those over any P.O.S, bfg or other "mud tire" that you still plan on driving everyday. If you want strong then get the tsl sx! enjoy the ride .

RE: top fit...

jeepless20 said:
im gunna go out on a limb here but if that pic in your sig is your jeep im going to say your wheels are 15X10's am i right.

They are 15 not sure on the width yet.

Thanks again for the replies, just got back from fishing the Boundary Waters in MN. Back to work and back to dealing with this. I will have to measure the rim to see if I will be able to fit the TSL/SX's Those seem to be the best bet.

My friends sister works for Firestone, if the TSL/SX's won't fit any recommendations from them? Is Cooper an affiliate?

RE: Hello strangers

Those appear to be 10" wide wheels on the Jeep in your sig pic.

RE: Lift kit? which brand to go with?

I am running Coopers on my Jeep and I swear by them....just suck like ass on the ice. I think Coopers dont get any better for all year round trustworthyness.

RE: Father

Schooley said:
This seems to be what I'm looking for, any opinions on this tire?

image-missing.png

Uh oh. You just posted the least popular tire on this board. They don't self clean very well, and are needlessly heavy. Here's a former thread on them http://www.jeepz.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=322006&highlight=kuhmo+review

Strong sidewalls though. :D

You might not want to go too agressive since it's a DD. Have you thought of the Kuhmo MT's? Everyone raves about the toughness of those.

Check this first "luke warm" review:
http://www.off-road.com/jeep/products/kumho/

And the follow-up column:
http://www.off-road.com/jeep/products/kumho/index2.html

They tested the tires out for much longer and put them through much more abuse than first intended.

Back