New Tires

Schooley

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Unlimited Rubi, Hemi, 37

I just punctured my second sidewall, anyone have reccommendations for a tire with a stronger sidewall? I'm running 33's and use my jeep for a DD and some offroad use.

RE: Another good man gone

How about swamper tsl radials or trxus m/t's. Both have 6 ply sidewalls.

RE: Should I use this old tire?

SuperSwamper/Interco tires have awesome sidewalls.

I have huge cuts, about 8 nails, and all kinds of other crap in mine and they still keep going.

Weekend Muddin

Thanks for the replies, I was thinking of swampers but was wondering if constant road use would kill the tread.

I was already considering the goodyear MTR's

This may be a dumb question, but would I need different rims if I went with 15.50 as opposed to the 12.50 I have now? The reason I ask is it doesn't seem like the TSL/SX's come in 33 x 12.50.

RE: Weekend Muddin

88Wrangles said:
SuperSwamper/Interco tires have awesome sidewalls.

I have huge cuts, about 8 nails, and all kinds of other crap in mine and they still keep going.

But aren't yours like 92" 's 88? :lol:

Re: RE: Should I use this old tire?

hehe, no, they're only 44's :oops: . I think 49's will be the next size I get though.

Schooley, what size are your wheels though...to determine if 15.5" wide tires will fit on them.

Not sure on that, I will have to measure.

This was bad timing, I'm leaving for the BWCA tomorrow for a three day fishing trip. I guess I will have to deal with this when I get back.

RE: Weekend Muddin

This seems to be what I'm looking for, any opinions on this tire?

image-missing.png

Whats wrong w/ the ssr? I ran them for 2 1/2 yrs and they're a great overall tire. very smooth and good in the mud and rocks. even better than the shity mtr's i have now.

Schooley said:
This seems to be what I'm looking for, any opinions on this tire?

image-missing.png

siren-5.gif

They're commonly known as Stuckbirds or Thornturds. I personally like to blend the two:
Stuckturds.

Seriously though... Don't waste your money. it's sounds like a good idea that it has good street manners and big side lugs for ruts and mud, but they really are a crappy tire in the mud and they are no picnic on the street. Never owned one, but there are a few guys in my club who have had a set. None that have had two sets.

RE: On the road again... (big pics)

A buddy of mine ran Thornturds on his Toyota....more like a street tire with lumps on the outside edges that just dug a deeper hole to get stuck in......rather than giving you forward motion, they give you downward motion, which is bad unless you have a yearning for Chinese food......

im gunna go out on a limb here but if that pic in your sig is your jeep im going to say your wheels are 15X10's am i right.

Back