help with idle speed actuator ISA - idle way too high upon i

bucklahoo

i've been having trouble with my idle speed actuator/motor (ISA) on my 90 yj 2.5L TBI. it wasn't extending and retracting properly to control the idle. i took it apart and it was all gummed up with dirt and oil, so i cleaned it all up and installed it.

now the idle will not drop upon startup. it goes up to about 2500 rpms and doesn't drop (i let it run only for a minute or 2). when i installed the ISA it says to make sure it is fully extended upon installation so i did that.

if i let it idle for a little longer at 2500 do you think it will eventually drop? the battery was disconnected so maybe the computer needs to reset. i am just worried to run it at high onstant rpms too long because i have a new engine in that i am breaking in (no high speed or rpms for 500 miles).

anyone have any experience with these?[addsig]

put the new ISA in and it definetly works better than the old one. the only problem is it was not fully extended when i installed it. it holds a steady 750ish rpms.

upon startup though i'm not getting enough to kick over cause the plunger on the ISA isn't extended enough.

the manual speaks of a tool used to extend and retract the ISA. does anyone know where to get one besides from jeep? its a switch that plugs into the ISA and clips onto the battery. it says to unplug the ISA connector, fully extend the ISA, rev rpms to 3500, screw the tip out to hold that rpm, and plug the back on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[addsig]

Back