Light Bracket troubles

LRwrnglr

Well i got some lights for my bday(nothin too fancy) but they'll work so i was tryin to figure out somewhere to mount them and then i decided to order the KC bracket for the windshield.

Anyway.........first one went on fine, all the bolts came off clean and it went back on fine. Second one wasnt that smooth. got 3 of the 4 bolts off when the last one gave me some trouble. So i gave it all i had and it broke off.

Ok so i didnt know there was another bracket inside the windshield that i had to worry about. so when that last bolt broke off it got knocked loose. foolin around with it tryin to get the rest of the bolt out the thing popped and fell. so now i can barely see it but have no way to get it up. Any suggestions??

could i possibley take off the top and lay down the window and get to it from the bottom??
Only thing i can figure is to just try to fish it back up until i can get the other bolt started and then worry about the other. Well thanks for the help

LR

I dropped mine before. I got it back up using a magnet on the outside of the windshield frame and sliding it back up. If that doesn't work, try bending a coat hanger and pulling it up with that.

there will be access on the yj windshield through the openings for the wiper arms, but not very clear and open to get a wrench all the way up there. Honestly I am suprised you got 7 out of 8 out. when I did mine, I onlygot 4 out with out snapping something. I did the drill out, then EZ out method and replaced with stainess hex head nuts.

Too agree with craig, I have heard the magnet method works very well. if you try to slip a new nut up there, make sure it is not stainless, cause it is not magnetic. Good luck!

RE: New England Jeepz...

Well i was able to get the bracket up to the holes and get a bolt started but now i have to deal with tryin to get that broken one out. tried drillin it out and easy outin it but it aint wantin to budge. Since im takin my top off anyway i was gonna try to fold down the windshield and possibly try to slip it out through a hole or opening on the bottome side?? is that possible?? one of my buddies said his YJ was open on the bottome side but im not sure. Well any imput will be most appreciated, thanks

LR

Back