Anyone have glow guages?

Craig

RE: Not new to jeepz but been away awhile

I need to find something out about the YJ glow guages. My circuit board for the lighting to my speedo and tach is fried from water getting behind the dash. Our local shop wants over $100. for a used one. I need to find out if the glow guages that are available come with thier own lighting and if they need the stock lighting to operate. If they come with their own lighting then it'll save me $$$ on replacing the circuit board. I found one on ebay and have emailed them but have got no response. Looking at the picture on ebay, it kinda looks like they do come with their own lighting. Here's a link... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7982789188&category=43952

RE: Re: RE: 1987 XJ Pioneer Ed for sale

What year YJ do you have? I have a set of the guages for a 87-91 center guages you can have if you want?

And yes they should have their own method of illumination. I have installed a bunch of these on a number of vehicles. faily easy, simply ground the black and the red will go to the parklight circuit easily found at the head light switch.

Re: still looking

jps4jeep said:
What year YJ do you have? I have a set of the guages for a 87-91 center guages you can have if you want?
Thanks. Unfortunately it's a 93. The company that makes them just emailed me back. They do have their own lighting and the dash lights are only used to light the speedo and tach needles. My unlit needle will just look black against the guage.

Back