Death Wobble? More like Horrific Murder Wobble!

JeepMonkey

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Goin

So I've never really experienced the dreaded "death wobble" until this past weekend. I was driving down the highway at about 70mph and I hit a patch of road with quite a few cracks spaced evenly for about a mile and a half. My front wheels started bouncing and shaking so out of control that I had to immediatly take my foot off the gas and slow to about 55mph. I seriously thought the Jeep was going to leave the road it was so bad. I'm sure it was just the bad road that caused this to happen because it only happened on this particular stretch and I traveled it several times that weekend. I know there isn't much to do to fix it so I'm not really complaining at all. I just think it's absolutely amazing how a couple of pieces of steel and rubber could withstand such a tremendous amount of beating all at once and still function. :shock:

There's a lot that can be done to fix it, and it should be fixed for safety's sake. Now you know why they call it death wobble.

Refesh our memories of the mods to your suspension.

Roads don't cause DW, steering and suspension geometry cause DW. How long has it been since you've had an alignment?

I have a Skyjacker 4" double flex kit with 2" spacers. I know for a fact that it doesn't do it on all roads. I've done 75mph around the freeways in town with no problems. I'm sure it's a combination of both roads and suspension. As soon as I slowed down to 55mph the wobble pretty much disappeared. It's no big deal. As I move further in my modifications the Jeep will rarely ever see that much speed I think. It's going to be a weekend toy for sure.

Back