transmission, transfer case bolts

30yrheel

what size are the drain and fill plug nuts for each, apparently i don't have the right size-metric? 92 YJ manual 6 cyl.
any step by step instructions on how to check/change these fluids on this forum?
My manuals hven't arrived yet.
Please point me in the right direction. transmission, transfer case bolts
what size are the drain and fill plug nuts for each, apparently i don't have the right size-metric? 92 YJ manual 6 cyl.
any step by step instructions on how to check/change these fluids on this forum?
My manuals hven't arrived yet.
Please point me in the right direction.

also leaking atf behind transfer case, dripping from drvie shaft- solution?

Re: RE: Re: RE: transfer case squeal on 93 yj ??

1 3/16" will fit all the drain and fill plugs.

For the leaking transfer case, you have to pull the rear driveshaft out and replace the seal in the tailshaft extension housing.

For filling your fluids, the transmission and transfer case are full when the fluid reaches the fill hole.

Be sure to use Redline MT90 (full synthetic, worth the near $10qt.) or Penzoil Synchromesh (cheaper, more readily available, little stiffer cold weather shifts as it's not a synthetic) in the transmission. Do not use the factory recommended GL5 gear oil in the transmission as it's high sulfer content is corrosive to the soft brass synchronizers and will ruin your transmission.

Back