JEEP RESTORE IS DONE! PICS

hoobness

hellloooo

HEy all, I want to thank all those here for helping me out this summer as I went through the many many many trial and errors that go along with rebuilding a jeep for the first time; from resurfacing the frame -to the SYE -to the wiring hassels and the axle and gear swaps. Thanks again.

Yes there are still minor issues to work out, like the constantly blowing ignition fusable link and the low brake pedal - which i think is due to the adjustable prop valve and larger brakes that came with the D44s.

Thaks agin, ill have pics as soon as I can upload them,
you can see the beginning to halfway pics here at these links, more to come...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/815022

http://homepage.mac.com/rymcr/PhotoAlbum3.html

hoobs

RE: Foreign Financial Aid

good work! okay... jealous!!! but aint it great to look at it and smile knowing YOU DID IT!!!! the wife still doesnt understand how i can stand in the garage for an hour just looking at my jeep... looking fwd to the pics! and ENJOY!!!!

RE: Super Yota

Thats funny, you are right, I can stare at for hours...

Just drove it 1/4 mile, not reg/insp. yetso I had to limit my travels. kinda nerve racking. I got about 700 hours in it and several Gs, its gonna take a while before I can feel confident enough to take it evn to work. Very bouncy, feels unstable.. I ll save that for another post. having it completly apart in ALL its pieces then having back together to put my life in it -- well its gonna take a while to be as gung ho with it as I was before!

Mods and stuff I did while it was apart...

POR15ed frame and underside
Tom Woods/ Adv Adapts SYE and CV shaft
Rebuilt, Regeared, and Swapped D44s F & R
Warn premium hubs
New custom routed brake lines
New Fuel lines
Relocated rear shock mounts to the topside of the axle
RE 1" lift shackles
RE 4" susp Lift
1" body lift (might be removed and for sale...)
1/4" plate steel corners (Spyder Customs)
1/4" plate steel rockers (Shrockworks)
Herculined tub
CJ Dash swap
Rewired myself (Dont recommend this - Im still tracing shorts... a month later)
LED taillights
Taurus fan upgrade as per XJNicks diagram... Thanks Nick
All stainless hardware throughout
and others that are slipping my mind, cuz I am broke it took forever!

Still need a tach, fuel guage, CJ to NP231 speedo cable, heater controls, Spare tire, Front & rear bumpers... But anyway I think its legal... Steering and brake adjustments, alignment...

RE: rubicon issues / yj fixed

Came out sweet!

If your ever interested in wheeling..

www.newenglandjeepz.com

The club was started off members of jeepz.com, and in local to you. Based out of Boston.

We run in NH often.

Back