91 jeep wrangler steering column broke

ghf32694

RE: What Power Sterring box to go with.

I need some help. I noticed recently my steering column was beginning to have slop in it. I began taking it apart and can not get to the screws that hold the column together. I have taken the spring, turn signal gears out, the piece that the screws have come out of are under the steering column plastic cover. It is a small slotted plate with 4 screws in it. All 4 screws have backed their way out. I need help getting to these screws and tightening them if possible. Or the location of a good junk yard where I could buy the column. Thanks for any input.

What part of the country are you in? That info might be helpful in locating a junkyard for you.

Oh, and by the way, Welcome to the "Z"!!!! Always good to have new members aboard. Someone here is bound to help you out, it's a pretty great bunch of folks.

RE: Motercraft 2100 puff black smoke when hit the gas hard

You will have to pull the entire column out and then remove the plastic sleeve that covers the screws. The column is really easy to get out, it looks harder than it is. You will have to pull it anyway if you have to replace it.

Back