Sharp turns in 4WD

grooveman

Ive owned my 92 YJ 2.5 for about a year. I noticed the other day when in 4WD I turned full to the left to get into a parking space something didnt feel right. Its hard to explain but it felt like the front wheels were binding up or something. Is this normal?
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I can't really tell you whats happenng up there, but in every 4x4 ive driven it does the same thing. So I'm guessing it's normal.[addsig]

on concrete or ashphalt, or other hard surfaces in 4wd, when you turn the front wheels are tryin to pull you in one direction, while the back wheels are pushin you foward and making it harder to turn tight, a locker in front makes this even worse
image-missing.png
[addsig]

a locker in the front and you wont have much of a front axel left if you try to make a tight turn on pavement...but it sounds pretty normal to me, i'd try to leave it outa 4wd unless you're off-road otherwise you'll be spendin some money on new drivetrain parts[addsig]

Yea dude try to keep it out of 4WD unless your front tires can spin when youre turning... cause thats what they are trying to do. If youre on dry pavement and you are turning your front tires will skip, lots of pressure on your front end... I'd try to avoid it. [addsig]

4WD High is ok on paved surfaces becasue the front wheels only spinn when the back wheels slip. as long as he keeps it out of 4WD Low he is ok.4WD High is good for when it snows and the plows havent came yet and u can go about 50-60MPH in 4WD High sence it is only part time 4WD[addsig]

4WD, dry pavement......BAAAAAAD thing. 4WD mudin'...GREAT thing lol Rob
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back