Steam from front end

happy024

RE: Will this work?

when I got home last night from a hour long drive on highway when I stopped in the garage there was steam coming from the bottom and middle of the radiator. Temp. was fine never gets over 210. and checked fluid level this morning before leaving for work and is full. any ideas
Thanks

Should I be very concerned with this. Will the little pin hole become big hole if I don't do something for it.

RE: Re: RE: Steam from front end

throw some radiator stop leak in it for now, the kind that is a bunch aluminum shavings. it comes in a little tube about two and a half inches long

RE: attn: 90xjay

Be aware of the fact the alumaseal or whatever it is called could make for a sticky thermostat, and I blame it for a waterpump in a Toyota 4x4 I had many moons ago.

If you use it, flush and fill the system soon after it does it's magic ;)

That alumaseal stuff is crap!! It will only hold for a few weeks at best, at least that's been my experience. I've had better luck with Bars Leak. Heck, I've had better luck with using a raw egg!! (trust me on the egg thing, it works)

RE: Temperature question

I've fixed said problem one time by gooping some high temp liquid weld type stuff over the hole. I pushed it through the radiator so it not only adhered, but also had a grab. It never leaked after that

Back