cracked flexplate ..... why me?

slo-wrench44

Coolant leak

what causes the flex plate on my wrangler to crack? i work on tractor trailers all day they dont have this problem. lol any ways i thought it was a rod knocking but my buddie told me to look at the flexplate and sure enough it had a crack. i really want a manual transmission i think it might be time to change stuff out but i dont know what will bolt in to my 88 yj sahara.
oh and how do you guys get those lil add on parts lists at the bottem of your posts??? i want one too
thanks guys

For the sig line, click on profile on the top of the forum page and you too can have one.

You should go with an AX15 from another 6cyl Wrangler, stay with '94+ for the external clutch slave for reliabilty and ease of replacement. You'll likely have to change your transfer case input shaft from 21spline to 23spline at the same time, not too hard.

Greetings from New Orleans

You must have been hitting that skinny pedal a little too hard. I say replace the flexplate and roll on. That auto is probably stouter than an Ax15. What is it a TF 999 or 909..something along those lines?

Back