360 Engine Pics Needed

prariepunk

Re: RE: 1999 Sahara Soft top windows WANTED

I hope to have my (seeming) pile of love running in a short while...... but my engine compartment looks like multi-colored spaghetti (not my set-up, now MY problem)..... there is an extra wire comming outta' my coil that doesn't lead anywhere and the back of the fuse pannel has a whole group of cable that doesnt lead anywhere. I have had the last two days off (invoulantarily), but it gave me a chance to (get a head-ache) work on my jeep, maybe next time I go up there, I'll remember the camera.... I just have to remember no pics AFTER I start working, $$$$ camera!

Tub update

The extra wire was probably for a tach that got removed.
If you are looking at the group of wires that comes through the firewall by the master cylinder, the right side is the cluster of wires for all the lights on the front. The left cluster is everything that goes to the engine sensors and ignition.
Splurge on a Chilton or Haynes manual. Both have pretty good wiring diagrams. If you have a couple hundred extra bucks laying around you can order up a Painless replacement harness.

I got a Haynes book, but it wasn't very helpful when it came to the wiring.... I'll get a pic of it soon (tommrow hopefully)

I'll have a look at my 360 tomorrow, and snap some shots with the digital, I don't think I have any shots of it on the comp right now

Speedometer gear

The back of the Haynes manual has diagrams for the wiring complete with color codes. You should be able to study it for a minute then run down any random wires and re-route them to the appropriate places.

On mine, the extra coil of wires from the fuse box actually ended up being the old brain box wiring for the ignition. If electronic ignition has been installed, the extra stuff just hangs there (it can be removed). As to the extra wire- tach... more brain box hookups... who knows. Good luck with your 360. I had a hell of a time figuring out the ignition system wiring on my 258- Chevy alternator, Ford ignition... no ID #'s anywhere. Ugh.

Back