Jeep seats

Jazz

Can I put Wrangler seats in my CJ. I'm trying to buy junkyard seats that recline, but I want to know how much work is going to be in fitting the seats in my 83 CJ
Thanks for your help

You may search around for a mounting bracket
that would server your purpose.

Other then that, you may just have to fabricate something yourself. But I don't think It'd be too hard

What other seats will bolt into a CJ with little or no modification? I think I read on this site awhile back about 94 mustang seats as a replacement to oem jeep seats. Can someone clarify this issue? :-? [addsig]

I have heard 1986 thru 1994 Mustang seats will bolt right up into a YJ. Tug[addsig]

If the status of where you plant your backside in your Jeep is as horrifying as mine...you're probably about as eager as I am to purchase some new seats. Mine absorbed a little too much rain and rusted the frame through. Now only a ratchet strap pulled tightly across the roll bars horizontally directly behind the driver's seat prevents its fully reclining. I know...alternative engineering at its best. Also...the point to this post is that if you want to keep your Jeep "stock"...meaning at least with seats designed for your Jeep...it's better to buy them new out of Quadratec...or at least compare some prices. Junk yard seats go for almost as much as new ones...and the new ones are usually of much better quality. If you don't care what kind of seats you have...gp for the mustang seats. Last weekend I saw one with some kind of 4dr. luxury sedan type of seats. Looked comfy...but I know that leather wouldn't hold up well in mine. Good luck.[addsig]

ppsss. That mustang seat in a jeep was posted at the other site, you know the one with holics in it. But we'll let it slide. JK

If you go to that site, it is still posted on their tech page.

I heard from a friend that this is the link, wink wink

Johnny[addsig]

I am pretty sure that TJs need a bracket to be mounted. So maybe there is a removable bracket that you can take off to make them fit a CJ.[addsig]

I'm not sure about cj's, but the mustang seats fit in my 89 yj, pretty easily. That article was the one I saw too, so far so good. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: [addsig]

Now only a ratchet strap pulled tightly across the roll bars horizontally directly behind the driver's seat prevents its fully reclining.

I am useing a Rubber maid lidded box to hold my seat up in tyhe useable position, hehehehe but it also serves as a good summer top off water proof trunkof sorts. tug[addsig]

Back