Help with my air filter...

Wrangl3r93

Engine started making a weird noise so i popped the hood and took a peek. Turns out i managed to break a piece off my air filter that i honestly had no clue was there in the first place. Managed to suck some mud and water into my engine (not too bad i think, changed the oil and lifter stopped sticking). Now i need to know what i need to do to fix this air filter so i can head back out and take her mudding again. I was thinking along the lines of cutting a square of metal and pop riveting it over the hole but not sure if i need to leave drains or what.
S3010179-4.jpg

wow that sucks, what was there in the first place? Was it just where it mounts to the body or something?

If all it needs is a cover, i'd go with the metal or plastic sheet pop-riveted on and sealed with silicone. I'd also clean out the box and the induction tube since there's probably more dirt in there still.

Yeah i think that's all i'm gonna do for now... not really sure what was there in the first place that's why i posted on here... i tend to worry more about my tires than my air filter... until i can upgrade to a k&n

If you're suckin in mud and water you might want to consider moving your air intake up higher or you'll have a jeep with nice, new tires and a shot motor.

Back