88 YJ in the mountains?

LRwrnglr

So I'm goin skiin for spring break and was wonderin if it would be a good idea to take my YJ? Its got a year old rebuild 258 with a new carter carb. Soon to be 33" mud tires. What would I need to do to make it mountain worthy?

LR

LRwrnglr said:
..........What would I need to do to make it mountain worthy?

LR

Point it toward the mountains and hit the gas!!! Jeeps love the mountains!

Depending on the altitude you will need something to adjust your carb. My jeep quit on me at about 9,000 feet going over the divide in colorado. Stuck a spring in the carb to hold the butterfly open and it would run alright. It leaned it out, still not great but enough to get by. You might not have any problems, my carb is just sensitive. it's a carter so go figure.

If it can't make it over the mountain, just push that turd over the side and be done with it.:lol: You got that thing fully insured?

Yes a V8 would be nice, thats why its coming NEXT year, haha.

Im going to hook up a tow bar and tie it up, just in case. My buddy is bringin his Excursion so if theres any troubles I can't cope with I'll just hook it up and haul it, OR PUSH THE TERD OVER THE MOUNTAIN!! Insurance should cover it, haha.

LR

id rather push the thing over the side of a mountain then be seen getting towed by a ford!!!
lol

Back