Dashboard lighting problem.

Craig

The light on my speedo burnt out last week, I figured it was just a bulb...no big deal. I pulled the assembly out to change the bulb and found that the wires that are embedded into the plastic board behind the speedo and tach have melted in half and some others are on their way (almost like a blown fuse). I'm thinking a bad relay. Any other suggestions?....I don't want to replace this until I can figure out what caused it in case it happens again. Thanks.[addsig]

well, if it took 9 years for the thing to melt and burn out, i'd just go to a pick'n'pull and buy another speedo... [addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>well, if it took 9 years for the thing to melt and burn out, i'd just go to a pick'n'pull and buy another speedo... </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE> I found the problem. I called a place near me called "Jeep Thrills" and the guy told me that water was probably getting onto the wireing through the windshield frame seal and sure enough....when I pulled the dash apart after running a hose over the seal, there was water back there on the wires.[addsig]

Back