95 parking break recal?

Greencuke

my friend who drives a 95 rio grande told me he got something in the mail about the parking break being recalled, and he brought it to a dealership to get it fixed. i never recieved this, and i have no idea if the people i got it from had ( the reacal came out a few months before i bought mine). does anyone know anything about this?[addsig]

I just got the recall about a month ago and had it fixed. If you call the dealership they should be able to tell you if yours has been recalled or not.

95 YJ 2.5L BDS 3.5" susp, 2" body, 33x12.5 GoodYear MT.....and running like crap[addsig]

i went to the dealer and they typed my serial number into their computer and it spat up a report of all the recalls' history... what has and has not been done. free.[addsig]

How long ago did this come out? I just bought a 1995 YJ wrangler and the parking break sucks! It's hard to engage and disengage. I've had that thing pushed in til I can't push it anymore and it still rolls abit.[addsig]

thats what mine is like, i have to push the bastard to the floor and it'll still slip sometimes, and its hard as hell to disengage, im gonna check w/ the dealer this week, ill let you know[addsig]

I have a 92' with the same problem and recall. I got the letter in the mail about two month ago. I still haven't gotten around to it though. Well, I hope you guys can get your parking brakes fixed before I do(god knows how long till mine gets to the shop). Have fun. [addsig]

I had mine replaced about a month or so ago on my '93 YJ. If I'm rolling forward the parking break works fine, but it still doesn't work if I roll backwards. What the hell's up with that? Do you guys know? [addsig]

I heard about the parking brake recall online on another jeep forum about 3 weeks ago and promptly took it to the jeep dealer and they put in an entire new assembly with a new pedal and everything...cost: free. My parking brake had been broke since i bought it..it would go in and stay for a bit then KA Pow! it would pop out and jeep would start rolling. However the new brake is great and now holds my jeep in the garage since it has no driveshafts, tcase, or transmission in it.[addsig]

Back