TFI IGNITION UPGRADE

G

was wondering if anyone has any info on the tfi ignition upgrade. i have read most of the web sites regarding this upgrade but was wondering if i could use an ignition coil (eg. msd blaster) that will fit in the exact location on the jeep as opposed to an ignition coil (tfi) mounted the the fenderwall. i do not want to make holes in the jeep. and if not, and i had to mount the tfi ignition, can i do so underneath my battery tray? will the cable be too long? any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

It doesn't really matter where you mount the coil, as long as it is safe and secure.

I believe that you could use an msd coil also

Terry

Re: TFI coil upgrade, I chose to avoid drilling into fender . Instead , the black steel holder for the tire jack seemed to be a fine location to attach the TFI coil. It was possible to use two right angle steel corner brackets ( the kind that you might find inside a drawer that had been repaired ) to mount the TFI coil to the tire jack bracket . There was already one hole available in the bracket to bolt the first of two right angle corner brackets . I drilled a second hole into the jack holder to accommodate the next bracket . The TFI coil dimensions dictated where the second hole needed to be drilled. Hope this was useful.

Back