stock height on a 75 cj5

4x4crazy12345

I need to see If the shackles have been altered but I am not sure on what the stock height of my jeep was new. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The stock shackles barely allow the spring eyes to clear the pivots. I'm not at home, so I can't give you an exact measurement, but they're pretty damned short- maybe 4" total length, 2.5" or 3" eye to eye?

Also, the stock shackles have a slight outward-facing flange running down them and no center brace bar (commonly backyard-welded between the two elongated shackle pieces for strength).

A stock '75 will ride very, very low. AMC jacked them up quite a bit with the suspension redesign of '76.

the reason I am asking is because I am able to run 33 12.50 with just a little bit of rear rub. I guess I should have been more spacific in my problem. It looks like fromwhat you are saying my shackle are stock I am just wondering if there suspension lift on it. This is why I needed to know what the hieght from the ground to the bottom of the tub would be so I can get an Idea on what I am dealing with here. I am looking to do a 4 inch lift but If I am allready there then I might need to start looking into soa.

Thanks in advance

Back