CJ5 304 V8 Power Steering?

SoCalCJ5

I just bought a complete Power Steering set up ( used ) for my CJ and was wondering if anyone here could snap a few pics of there 304 w/ PS that would help me locate pump placement and mounting set up?

I would GRETLY appreciate it
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I dont have a digital camera. I can describe anything you want to know. It also shows it in a haynes or chilton book. If you want to know where it goes. drivers side up high it has its own fan belt. what else do you need. Hoses I will have to look and see hope I helped[addsig]

I have the pump bracket but it looks sort of offset? Like maybe it supposed to hold more than just the steering pump? Maybe the smog pump too? I have the Chiltons book but there are no diagrams or pictures that I can see. I'm gonna get the Haynes manual today. It's the bracket that concerns me the most. It looks like I may need some long bolts and spacers to mount it. But I'm not sure what holes in the block? I bought this set up off of E-Bay and the seller said it would fit the 304. I hope he was right!

The steering box looks like it's in good shape as does the pump but I have no reference as to where it mounts. Thanks to all for any help!!!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

k I went out and looked at mine and the bracket is shaped like a square with a triangle piece about half the size up on the top right it bolts into the head just under the drivers side valve cover then to bolt the power steering pump on to that you need two or three, 6 to 7 inch long bolts then there should be a little doo hickey thing that has a square hole about a inch by inch at the top that you put a wrench in to put tension on the belt. Mine doesnt have a smog pump but you might have to have one where you live. I live in utah. I am working on getting a digital camera lined up. if I do and you still have questions that I cant answer I try and figure out how to put them on here
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Thanks Kosmo.

Sounds like your bracket may be different than mine?

This is the set-up I bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1872955060

Does this look like yours? Judging by the pump this looks like an early PS rig.

I may have to make a bracket or mod this one. I am waiting for my smog parts that Parts Mike rounded up for me. Maybe the smog pump bracket will help me out?

When I do get it hooked up I will post some pics.

Thanks Again for the help!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

socal did you get it figured out yet I have pics now of mine that I can email you[addsig]

I need your emial or somebody tell me how to post pics on here[addsig]

Back