please help...need advice

Chris C

Ok,
I Found a used hard top about an hour from here. It is off a CJ7. I was wondering if it will fit my '89 YJ?? I have factory Steel half doors and a soft top currently. Also, how does the hard top mount? I have never had one before or used one. If I go to get it tomorrow to pick it up, will it fit in the bed of a Toyota truck with a 6ft. box on the back? Thanks for any help ya'll can be.
Chris C.

The CJ-7 top will fit a YJ. I put a '86 top on a '95 YJ. The only thing is the rear hatch & top rear window will have to be closed in a reverse mannor. The holes are all pre-drilled, you will need to get some truck cap insulation that is sticky on one side & build up a seal on the back lip of the top to get a good seal. Check to make sure the front corner and front rubber is still there on the top. They typically fall off the older tops through wear. If they are missing, use the truck cap insulation tape and build up new ones.
Transporting should not be a problem, It may stick out the side a little, I had one on a 5' wide trailer with the front sticking out a little, but no problems.
Best of Luck.
www.clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/centralohiojeepclub

Back