stripped out screws on hardtop

saintsokwitit

I just picked up a 91 jeep wrangler and had a question about the screws that attach the hardtop to top of windshield. When I pulled the top off a few of the screws were stripped out and only a couple where holding it on. Is there a way of upgrading the screws that hold the top on?

do you happen to have a part number, I can't seem to find what you are talking about. I found items on windshield but not fasteners for the hardtop.

I found a kit for the hardtop on my YJ that gets rid of the screws all together. $30 Canadian. Mine now clips on similiar to a TJ hardtop. No more screws and I can adjust it so it will clamp down hard onto the top of the windshield frame reducing the wind noise. I got the kit locally here at a shop that deals specifically in jeep parts. I think they have a website you can order from but I'll have to find out the address.

I just checked out the link to the quick connect kit listed in Bounty's response and mine is the same as that. If I ever bought another YJ with a hardtop that is probably one of the first things I'd buy. Makes life so much easier.

Back