Fold n Tumble rear seat

redrooster

Can someone throw up a picture of their fold n tumble rear seat brackets in a YJ. I bought one for my CJ and I'll have to make some mounts.
Thanks

i wish i knew how to send you a set - i have 2 full sets (floor and sides) i'll give ya one..... send me a msg and we'll see if we can figure out how to get them to ya...

I am just new to this Jeep stuff and now I know why they call it the "fold and tumble" rear seat..... I climbed into the back of it to fold the seat.. and after I did ( I was standing on the back bumper...) I tumbled OFF the bumper and drug both my shins from ankle to knee down the bumper!! Talk about pain... bad words, bad words, I even made up a few new cuss words! But I brushed off the dirt and sucked it up!!! So I got my first Jeep wounds today!! YEA!!!!!!!:twisted:

It's nice to see someone pumped up about getting their first Jeep. Just wait til you get the first scratches on it.

redrooster said:
It's nice to see someone pumped up about getting their first Jeep. Just wait til you get the first scratches on it.

Jeep's dont get scratches, They get scares :sawzall:

Abutterfly said:
I am just new to this Jeep stuff and now I know why they call it the "fold and tumble" rear seat..... I climbed into the back of it to fold the seat.. and after I did ( I was standing on the back bumper...) I tumbled OFF the bumper and drug both my shins from ankle to knee down the bumper!! Talk about pain... bad words, bad words, I even made up a few new cuss words! But I brushed off the dirt and sucked it up!!! So I got my first Jeep wounds today!! YEA!!!!!!!:twisted:

:lol:

Can you teach me some new cuss words? I'm running out. From the few posts you've put up here, I can tell you're gonna fit right in. Are you related to Antsinmypants?

Abutterfly said:

Be thankful that you don't have a trailer hitch!!! Could've added some great shin gashes to your other injuries!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: One of these days I'll learn to take the dang thing out when I'm not using it!:shock: :cry: :cry:

Congrats on your first injury!

LVRockCrawler said:
yea... my hitch lives in the trunk now... (ouch...)
I leave mine on for those idiots who like to ride my bumper in rush hour traffic.....you wouldn't believe the damage a hitch'll do to the car that rear ends you.

I have a couple of pictures for you if you still need em but they are too large of a file. Have to resize them.

Thanks. LVRockCrawler already offered up a set. I'll let you know.
The seat was shipped missing some brackets that were supposed to be included. I don't imagine it was a full set of brackets, but I'm waiting to see what they send me.
I ordered the seat for a YJ even though it is going in a CJ. They didn't have a part number for the CJ model and I didn't figure it mattered aside from the brackets.
I wish I could come up with a storage box to go under the seat. Tuffy makes one with a slideout drawer, but I would prefer a box with a lid. That way, I could fold the seat froward then raise the lid. The drawer style wouldn't work with the fuel cell behind it.

redrooster said:
They didn't have a part number for the CJ model and I didn't figure it mattered aside from the brackets.
Since the side brackets for the seat mount to the sides of the wheel wells on the inside of the jeep, your CJ wheel wells will have to be the same distance apart as a YJ's for it to work.

Yeah. I'll have to get a measurement to see how that pans out. I may end up fabricating a mount similar to my floor cage in front, utilizing some of the factory brackets and some 1.5" tubing. Then I could raise it up off the floor a little as well.
Thanks for the pictures you sent.

The measurement from rear wheel well to rear wheel well across the back on the inside of the YJ is almost exactly 36".

Back