Check Engine Light after radiator install?

Miller

I just replaced the crappy stock radiator with a 3 core aluminum and after the install and start up the check engine light came on. the engine seems to be running much smoother and quieter. Any suggestions why the light came on?

maybe its a coolent sensor .. run by an advanced auto or autozone have then check it with the comp "its free" and you can know for sure

Dumb question but did you check inside both the intake and exit to your radiator? A lot of new ones have foam plugs in them to keep debris out during shipping.

Craig,
I thought I had everything covered. I guess not! I did not. I did the ignition error code trick and got a 12 code. (battery disconnect in last 50...) Which it has been. On the ride to work this morning the temp gauge still sits around 200 degrees. I was going to drain it this week anyway to fit it with some more perment plugs (I have a standard). When I do that I will be sure to check for foam. Hopefully I didn't overlook such a dumb thing!

Problem worked itself out! The engine code was a 12, so I reset the computer by unhooking the batt. leads and the light hasn't come on yet after a few days of long trail rides. I'm happy a recommend a radiator upgrade.

Back