I want some new fogs!

Gsx31337

Im just going to start off by saying im one of those guys that will take his jeep out trail riding all day come back and spend the next hour making sure that the thing shines till I can see my own reflection. I'm slowlying building it up got a 3 inch short arm teraflex lift, rancho 9000 shocks, goodyear mtr 32'-11.5's on it with a warn bumper and wench. bushwacker fender flairs, K&N cold air and a few other doodas. I wana replace my factory fog lights, partly because they are old and got a cople rock chips and fog up on the inside a bit and partly because I want something brighter. I looked at the PIAA 520 fog lights but they seam to only come with yellow bulbs. I like the looks of the PIAA and how well they work on a cople of my buddys riggs, but anybody got an idea if they make a WHITE fog light, and if they dont who would make a good clean looking one. I found the PIAAs for $160 .. dont really wana spend much more then that though.

I have a set of the PIAA 940 duals on my YJ and they're great. The driving lights are bright and the yellow fogs really light up the road. I like the yellow fogs when night driving in the snow. Here's a couple of pics of them.... http://www.piaa.com/Lamps/Lamp-pages/940.html

Attachments

• P6181470resize.jpg
    P6181470resize.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 124
  • P6181471resize.jpg
    P6181471resize.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
You can get white fog lamps on a PIAA (not sure about on 520's in particular), however, fog lights are yellow because the longer wavelength light (from the yellow/orange/red end of the spectrum) passes through the fog particles better/do not reflect as easily. So if you're actually driving in fog conditions you may want to consider keeping the yellow lamps.

Search around on eBay and find some El Cheapo's like I did, then swap out the 55 watt H3's with 100 watt H3's. I didn't spend more than $25 on any light on my Jeep, and they'll blind you at 500 yards.

croplight22-1.jpg

Thanks for the Info ... I pry should have mentiond that I like driving with my Fogs on all the time, not just in foggy or rainy weather. So thats partly why I want a white light. I do a lot of driving on back roads and like to be able to have a nice wide agle to watch out for deer and such. Pluss I just like things brighter at night lol.

Back