New water pump info?

I can't tell you which one on that site is yours, but a serpentine belt is usually where you only have one belt that goes around everything. If it's a V-belt, you probably have 2 of them under the hood. Take yours in with you for comparison because some of those chain stores will try to sell you a pump for a 2.5 because their books don't show the difference.

Hmm...I was hoping that someone with a 89 yj had changed his pump and could tell me what to get. but thanks anyways.

no... i have an 89 w/serp...(hence cant find an ac compressor) - they came w/both,... best option is to go w/your old one (if possible) and compare - often there are fittings that have to be transferred from the old pump to the new one... havent changed the one on my 89 but have swapped a few in the past and had to "scavenge" the old pump for fittings.... find a store that has all the options in stock (if you can) and take your old one with you... just to cya and no return trip for the core charge (if any) ... just my $.02

Look at yours and determine if you have a intregal pipe. I have changed my 90 and it was a V-belt reverse rotation non-intregal. They are all different......bring it with you or look carefully.

Last edited:
Back