360 Shallow Water Pump

PhattyX

Does anyone know where I can get a shallow water pump for my AMC 360 to give me a little more clearance with an electric fan?

Sorry for the double-post. Junkpile and RedRooster have been a lot of help with my setup, so I wanted to make sure they saw the post.

Any help or advice is always appreciated,

-X

Don't know that they make one, other than electric. Didn't think the AMC motors had a long and short pump like the SBC.

I've been at the beach and not watching the computer.
I don't know that there is one. If so it would be a high dollar aftermarket unit, in which case it would be cheaper to put a thinner fan on.
I know a lot of people use the Taurus fan, but I'm a new believer in the dual 12" Ford Focus fans with shroud. Got mine new for about $140 and it fits perfect on a CJ radiatior (or YJ for that matter).
Why is your pump so close to the electric fan? With the stock radiator, engine in the factory location and mechanical fan and clutch removed, I would figure you would have at least 5" between the pump shaft and radiator.
I'll have to read the other posts and refresh my memory.

redrooster said:
Why is your pump so close to the electric fan? With the stock radiator, engine in the factory location and mechanical fan and clutch removed, I would figure you would have at least 5" between the pump shaft and radiator.

That's a good question. I have 4" from shaft to radiator (with the fan and spacer removed). The Taurus fan motor alone is 3.5", giving me next to nothing once it's on the shroud. While I'm not positive, I beleive the radiator is stock, however it is something I had been thinking of replacing anyway with my heat issues (after checking some other things first) That may be an alternative over a shallow water pump.

How deep is the focus fan? Any guess on how much air it moves?

Thanks for the input, as always,

-X

You should be using a radiator set up for a 304. A 1/2" should be enough clearance if your motor mounts are good.
I don't know the CFM on the Focus fan. If you PM me I will give you the guys phone number who sold it to me. He will know.

Back