Need some pricing input for e-bay sale...

LVRockCrawler

Okay... procrastination and, well, just plain ignorance has stopped me from going and selling stuff on e-bay - well, my oldest stepdaughter is a wiz at it and wants to get going on it this wknd - problem is, i dont know what to ask for the parts and would like some feedback.... heres whats going on the block:
1 set full steel doors, red, good glass decent gray interior and xtra mirrors
1 set steel 1/2 doors, decent gray interior, no mirrors
1 gray standard soft top - fabric only - no frame
1 set standard gray 1/2 door uppers
1 gray roll bar pad and cover (non rear shoulder harness type off 89)

think thats it - gonna list them seperately - want to sell them quick, not get rich but not give them away either.... any input?
thanks!

what I would do is search on ebay and see what others are going for then just start them at like 20 bucks with a reserve at what YOU want to at least get for it that way if it don't make it that high u don't have to sell it.

Personally, I don't like using reserves. I have always gottern more bids and higher bids starting auctions off at $1.

Reserves and minimum bids are a turnoff to many bidders. Those same bidders bid higher after getting into a bidding war at the lower end.

Sometimes you can end up letting stuff go cheap that way, but overall it's the way to get higher prices for auction goods.

TwistedCopper said:
Personally, I don't like using reserves. I have always gottern more bids and higher bids starting auctions off at $1.

Reserves and minimum bids are a turnoff to many bidders. Those same bidders bid higher after getting into a bidding war at the lower end.

Sometimes you can end up letting stuff go cheap that way, but overall it's the way to get higher prices for auction goods.

I agree. I hate making a bid, only to see I'm the highest bidder but the reserve hasn't been met.

As for what to price them at, I haven't a clue. I know full and half doors go pretty high, so I'd expect to sell them for around $150-$200. Or just do as Laph suggested and see if there are any similar items being sold and see what they are going for.

You'll get more for the full doors closer to Fall or Winter. Now is the time to unload the 1/2 doors.

yea... i know timing helps ... and i still have to figure out how to ship them.... ya wonder why they've been in storage for 2yrs now???? nice to have the $$$ but like they say, the devil is in the details.... thanks for the input and keep it coming!

Do a search for the parts that you have to see what everyone is getting. I like the Buy It Now feature, because I hate the bidding process. If you ask a reasonable price you can move these in a day rather than wait a week. Start the bid at $1 and add a Buy It Now feature. For shipping, look for a MailBoxes Etc. They can pack and ship. Make sure that the Ebay posting states that the buyer pays for shipping. When you get into larger items like doors, the shipment price can get unreasonable very quick depending on where they are located. Good luck and have fun.

Back