What Does It All Mean!!!?

pilgrimninja17

what is the lug pattern for a 89 yj, 2.5L?

thinking about getting Mickey Thompson CLASSIC IIs'...so i need to know what to order

"15X10 (5-5.5 Bolt pattern) (3 5/8" Backspacing)"

what do the specs stand for?

&

33's Mickey Thompson Baja Crusher or BF Goodrich Radial Mud Terrain

what 33's should i get??

"33/12.50R15LT/C"

would that fit?

what do those specs stand for?

:cry: help please

lug pattern is 5 on 4.5, which is 5 lugs spaced in a 4.5" bolt pattern

15x10 is a wheel size. 15" tall, 10" wide. I'd recommend a 15x8 for 33x12.50x15 tires.

the backspacing is a tricky one. Stock wheels for your YJ have a backspacing of 5.25". a lower # will move the tires out from under the Jeep, a higher # will put the tires closer together

Stock backspacing keeps the factory wheels/tires neatly under the fenders, but that won't work for big tires. They'll rub.

Many lift and tire manufacturors recomment 3.5" backspacing for a YJ and 33" tires. That will definately have the tires sticking out past the flares, so buying aftyermarket wider flares may be needed to keep the Jeep legal in most states.

I prefer to keep more backspacing, and adjust the steering stops slightly to avoid rubbing. I don't like the look of the wider flares or the tires sticking out. Some folks prefer it. It's a preference thing.

"33/12.50R15LT/C"
33 = the mfg considers the tire to be 33" tall, although actual height will vary with rim width, air pressure, etc
12.50 = 12.5" wide
R = radial
15 = for 15" rim
LT = light truck class of tire, others will say P for passenger car
c = the load range for the tire

The lift makes no difference other than making way for a larger tire.
The wider and taller the tire, the closer the tire will come to rubbing the leaf spring when you turn sharply. Adjust your backspacing accordingly or do like T.C. said and unscrew the steering stops (makes your turning radius less, but keeps the tires out of the springs).

Back