need help finding a Cowl Induction hood for a 94 YJ

josh84n

I have a 94 Wrangler YJ, I have a GOlen Automotive 4.0 Long block with
nearly 300 hp, plus a complete banks stainless performance exhaust sys,
stage 2 jet chip, cold air intake, be cool radiator, hi-flow water
pump, random technology cat, rubicon express throttle body, Livewire plug wires, all new fuel injectors, Hi-rise motor mounts, NV4500 transmission, 4.56 gears and detroit lockers in both axles, chrysler 8.25" rear axle, all stainless accessories, 4 KC 150 watt daylighters, 140 amp altenator, 4" lift, etc. But I am currently looking for a Cowl Induction hood to increase the air flow into my motor for my jeep, and I am having an awful time finding one. Can anyone help me find a FUNCTIONAL Cowl Induction Hood for my Jeep, all I can seem to find are plastic Cowl scoops for '97 and newer Jeep. Thank you for your time.
Josh

Last edited:

Ok, are you looking for an induction scoop to supply the motor with air, or do you want the one that increases the air through the vent system in the cab? Because I've got the latter on mine, and got it through Quadratec. They've also got a good selection of hoods, hood scoops, and cowl scoops. Try Quadratec.com

I have the Air Vent scoop, got it from Quadratec as well, I am looking for the Hood, or even a good cowl scoop, as in Air intake for the Motor. I know that Quadratec sold a cowl hood for the YJ a few years back, but not seen one in at least a year or so. I e-mailed them about it and never recieved a reply. Thank you for your response. :)
Josh

Call some local body shops and see find out who can louver your hood. It will have to be louvered and re-painted.
Once you get that done, you might want to use a hole saw to make some fancy looking air vents in the inner fender well. Air flow should increase dramatically if you are pulling thru the grill and fenders and out of the hood.

Typically, getting air into the engine compartment is not as much the issue as getting air out. The engine compartment is basically a box open on 2 sides ... the radiator is on the front and the only exit is down. If you still have the debris deflectors at the bottom of the engine compartment attached there is not much opportunity to move air.

Here are a couple of links...
http://4x4trailhunters.com/article.php?id=26
http://www.oman4x4.com/hoodvents.htm

These definitely allow more air out of the engine compartment. The beauty of the deck plates is the ability to seal the hood when higher flows are not neccesary, not to mention rain and washing.

A company called HARWOOD, makes all kinds of hoods for just about any body vehicle. They might have one for the yj. They make great fiberglass hoods and steel hoods for muscle cars, so I presume if they did make one for the yj, it would be good. You might want to try summitracing.com. Good Luck
Guysmiley

Typically, getting air into the engine compartment is not as much the issue as getting air out. The engine compartment is basically a box open on 2 sides ... the radiator is on the front and the only exit is down. If you still have the debris deflectors at the bottom of the engine compartment attached, there is not much opportunity to move air.

Here are a couple of links...
http://4x4trailhunters.com/article.php?id=26
http://www.oman4x4.com/hoodvents.htm

These definitely allow more air out of the engine compartment. The beauty of the deck plates is the ability to seal the hood when higher flows are not neccesary, not to mention rain and washing.

aev makes what you want. i think thats the name for it. its got 2 grills built into it and is supposed to pull air better when moveing and allow air out when at idel better

Sorry, I forgot about the usermane/password thing. What he did was to use 2 tailgate vents from, i believe a 97 TJ, and mounted them 9" from the front edge of the hood. This does involve cutting 2 6" x 6 1/2" holes in your hood though. If I could remember how to post pics, I would.

GIVE goodhoods.com A TRY. I HAVENT SEEN ONE FOR JEEP BUT WORTH A TRY. I ALSO HAVENT LOOKED IN A WILE.

Back