High pitched noises

Wrangl3r93

Ok i just got home from wheeling out in some fields(me and my brother have a fairly good mudhole started) and while i was out there gunning around cutting donuts i apparently messed something up. When i let out the clutch there is a very high pitched almost cricket like noise. It goes away if i barely even lay my foot on the clutch pedal but it's quite annoying and i'd like to know what i tore up. I'd assume clutch, but it doesn't feel any different? Suggestions are welcome this noise is driving me crazier than wackrabbits ever could!

I'm thinking throw-out bearing, from the symptoms you describe. Anybody else?

Ditto. That sounds like the thow-out bearing.

Ironically, the last time I went wheelin' I did the same thing. I haven't had a chance to really check it out / fix it, yet.

-X

Would a throw out bearing come in like a LUK clutch kit? I'd like to get it all done at once when i do it and get it all out of my way. With that question asked i went outside just now and the noise has stopped for now so maybe i can just ignore it till i can get my tires on.

MAKE SURE IT DOES come with the kit!!! have to remember the bearing is part of the slave cyl on these transmissions (donut style that the shaft runs thru...) - would suck to order everything and then realize you have to get another part (ran into that prob. w/my old 91) just my $.02

Back