Recommended tire pressure

campingnut1973

I have 33x12.50 Baja Claw M/T and was wondering what would be the correct tire pressure for everyday traveling to and from work. I was putting 29 psi, but I was told to put 35. What is the difference if any.

Not really sure buy i know you get better mpg with the correct air pressure. What does the tire suggest?

Depends on a lot, mainly what width rim and how heavy the rig is. You want an evenly flat footprint, so try some chalk across the tire and drive a little to see how evenly it's worn off.

A 12.5" wide tire on an 8" rim will need less psi than if it were on a 10" rim, for a flat footprint and even tire wear.

Go with the chalk wear test, the manufacturer recomendations are based on the recommended tire, and the rating on the sidewall of your tire are the recommended max pressure.

I have 34" super swamper ltbs... I had them at about 35 psi and the tires were wearing out in the middle more than the outside... this indicates too much air pressure...if the pressure is too low it will wear out the outsides of the tire more... i dropped mine to about 32 and am getting a little smoother ride and more even wear... i think

the manufacturer wont recommend any pressure, its based on the weight of the vehicle and some other factors

listen to the chalk!

Dude.....that's deep!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've heard that if you're running heavier bumpers or a hardtop vs. soft top, your front and rear pressures could vary by up to a few pounds. Same goes for a V-8, I-6, or 4 banger, considering different weight distribution.

you want the chalk, or paint, or dirt to give you the best "footprint" you can = too much you wear out the middle, too little, you wear the edges - i run about 25 psi w/my 33x12.5 bfg m/ts on 15x8 = experiment and see what you end up with...

Back