The jeep! its falling apart!

laxpug19

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok. well, just little stuff that i dont really need help fixing, im just venting about it on the forum. Last night was a cold one and when i left to come home around 6 this morning from a friends house i turned the heat on right away. And for some reason it got stuck... not just one but the level and mode so now when ever i drive it's blasting heat in my face. I found out that the turn things broke so i just gotta pick up some new ones later on.
Also, the leak ive been asking about is no where to be found. yesterday we got at least 3inches of rain and now the jeep smells like wet dog.. so today i think im gonna rip up the carpet and when i get some money ill lay down some of the rhino liner. how much does that run and is it really that hard?

On the heat thing, are the control levers stuck, or do they move but it sticks on one mode? If the levers move but nothing changes, it could be a vacuum line loose. Not sure on the TJ, but on my YJ, there is a vacuum connector just behind the heater controls that had come loose, and it wouldn't switch off of defrost till I reattached the hose. This happened to me on my way down to MS last October to help with hurricane relief, so there I was in the middle of nowhere on a deserted highway, crawling around under the dash with a flashlight in my mouth trying to find the vacuum connector. But it worked, so I was happy.

Alright, good job on finally ripping out the carpet. You should of done that in the first place, The jeep company are idiots for putting it in cherokees and wranglers, should just rhino line the things. And for me to rhino line my 2 door cherokee, it would run about 400-450 dollars and thats done by a pro...

just take a weekend (3day is best) and herculine it (or one of the others on the market) - my jeep - entire tub only took one kit - $79 bucks or so at autozone and lots of prep work ... never regretted doing it and after 2 yrs its still looking great!

well, i got a couple weeks till i can buy it. so i took it out now... half way through a found a caution sticker stating, the carpet is installed to protect driver and passengers from being burned by heating of systems please leave it in.... sorry jeep. hope my feet dont melt:purple:

Lol, yea the only thing I've noticed that gets hot is the passanger side, but its not so hot it'll burn your skin off. Its just really really warm lol. The passanger side sits right above the exhaust.

Lol, yea the only thing I've noticed that gets hot is the passanger side, but its not so hot it'll burn your skin off. Its just really really warm lol. The passanger side sits right above the exhaust.

I find my transmission gets hot and I feel it on the TJ driver side but that's just me.

I've talked to a friend who burnt his calf on his, mine dosen't get as hot. Now I took out the headliner and that damn thing gets hot enough to cook a steak on it. So I sprayed it down with a 6 dollar can of rhino liner stuff I got at auto zone and you can tell from an angle that it looks like spray paint but its rough and holds on well. Cooled it down by quite a bit.

Did you find out where the rain is comming in? I have a 1993 Jeep Wrangler and it leaks whenever it rains. I took out my front carpet and after sanding the rust on the floor board, sprayed it with a can of "rino lining" generic stuff I got at Wal-mart. I only did the driver's side since that is the only part that was rusting. I had plans to do the whole tub this summer, but other things came up and it is still waiting to be done. However, the spray stuff is holding up very well and I hope to finish it someday. But back to my leak, I purchased a new Bestop and have replaced the gasket between the windshield and the frame, but I still get water in my Jeep. The paint is starting to bubble just in front of the door, and I really would like to get the leak stopped before I end up with a rust bucket. Any ideas?

Captaintek

""On the heat thing, are the control levers stuck, or do they move but it sticks on one mode? If the levers move but nothing changes, it could be a vacuum line loose. Not sure on the TJ, but on my YJ, there is a vacuum connector just behind the heater controls that had come loose, and it wouldn't switch off of defrost till I reattached the hose.""

So sparky, my 87 yj has the same problem. It wont blow out of the normal vents. It only Blows on defrost. I just figured somthing was messed up on the inside and didnt want to bother tearing everything apart. But if its just a hose that popped off then what the hell.... Could you expalin it a little more?? i dont know if it will help mine because the lever/switch that you slide horizontaly to switch seems busted ( its very hard to slide ) should i just not even bother

I'll have to take another look at mine to see where the vacuum line is again. Seemed like it came right off the back of the control panel for the heat/vents. My slide control is hard to move, too, so this still might help you, unless yours won't move at all.

Ok thanks, my slide control is weird, when its all the way to the left you have to push really hard for it to slide and it starts moving, then about half way through it feels like its about to break from the pressure then it just slides to the other side. And its the same feeling from the right . But when i take it off defrost is doesnt blow from defrost or the normal vents so i dont know ????

ahhh now my driver side window zipper is f'd the hell up, and that knob is still broken.. the only thing i can find to fix the knob is a 45 dollar set from quadratec... 45 dollars for 3 knobs thats grey... hell i should go into the knob making business.:purple:

ahhh now my driver side window zipper is f'd the hell up, and that knob is still broken.. the only thing i can find to fix the knob is a 45 dollar set from quadratec... 45 dollars for 3 knobs thats grey... hell i should go into the knob making business.:purple:

$15 for a knob is a bargain...they usually cost me $20 down on South Broadway.....oh, wait.....never mind......:redface:

AHHH the grass is greener on the other side of your parents finances... if you understand..

they decided to pay 65 to have a zipper thrown on my window.. today i got a new knob from the dealer for $7.72 and the guy at a local glass place put my rear view on for free.. because he has a jeep too!

things are finally looking better

AHHH the grass is greener on the other side of your parents finances... if you understand..

they decided to pay 65 to have a zipper thrown on my window.. today i got a new knob from the dealer for $7.72 and the guy at a local glass place put my rear view on for free.. because he has a jeep too!

things are finally looking better

Well, free ain't bad for the rearview, but you coulda done it yourself for about $1.79. Pick up a rearview mirror attachment package, it has the glue and primer in it and takes less than 5 minutes to do. I've done dozens of them for myself, friends and family. Piece of cake......;)

I bought this "rear view mirror glue" for about 2 bucks and it did not work at all. when the guy did it he asked, and said never to do it. He was worried that his glue wouldnt stick he had to grind it down a little.

Oh man! ya'll are gonna hate me. I did some muddin' this week... the 1st day i went pretty hard but nothing too bad. The jeep was fine after that! Then the second day i went kinda easy just going through the small trail once and taken it easy on most parts but then i went on the highway and at about 60 mph i start shaking. it gradually gets worse as i go faster!! whats wrong!?!?!:(

Back