Delay switch for rear wiper on hardtop?

Craig

I have a 93 YJ and would like to install a delay switch for the rear wiper on the hardtop. I was wondering if the newer TJ's have a delay switch for the rear wiper. If they do, I'll try one from a TJ. If not, I'll have to find one from somewhere else.[addsig]

I have a 99 Sahara, and my rear wiper does not have a delay Rob
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

just find another car with a delay switch/relay (not sure how they work) in it already... or perhaps a turnsignal flasher would work? [addsig]

You will need to add a time delay relay to the circuit. One way to do this Is to remove the existing on-off switch and put the relay in it's place. Then each "click" will adjust how often the wiper operates. Or put the relay in-line after the on-off switch. Then you;ll have 2 controls, one to turn it on, the other to adjust how frequently the wiper operates. Look up these companies on the net, they'll help pick out the right one for you. IDEC, Magnecraft Struthers-Dunn, NTE, OMRON or Crydom. If you look for them via Google, they should have an 800 number that you can call to get help choosing the right relay[addsig]

Back