deal or no deal???

YJTino

Hey guys!!! I'm back and ready to talk jeep again. A friend is selling her jeep and I would like to know what you guys think about it. It's a 2000 Wrangler with both hard and soft top, new 31" wheels and new breaks...in good condition...except the motor blew few days ago because of radiator problem. The deal is 2500$ for the jeep. I guess I could sale the engine and buy something new or maybe see if it can be fixed. Any suggestion on this??? Thanks Tino

Sounds like a good deal if the rest of the frame and body are in good shape. Figure in another $2000-$3000 for a motor and you've got around $5000 in a 2000, not bad, in my book.

What can you tell me about those Jasper engine? Would it be a good investment or should I look for a jeep engine or even a GM. What would be a good buy? Do I have to replace the trans? I don't know too much in that field but I'm always ready to learn. Is there any website or forum that could help me in this search. Thanks

do it right the first time, spend the cash, do the V8 conversion...... you're still getting a good solid jeep, and a brand new engine.

Jasper makes remanufactured engines. You'll hear mixed reviews about them, but mostly because you can do a rebuild cheaper or get a junkyard motor cheaper.

What I like about them is the warranty and their dealers are well disbursed so you can buy or get them serviced under warranty just about anywhere.

Back