FREE bigger fuel tank for your yj for FREE look

wildbill

image-missing.png
image-missing.png
If you what more fuel capacity take off your rubber fill hose and grasp the plastic insert with some plyers and pull it out. You just got your self 5 extra gallans capacity of gas in your tank for FREE. You are welcome.
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Rubber fill hose? Can you explain how this works? Sounds like a good idea but I think I need more info before I go yankin stuff with plyers!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

lol
image-missing.png
Ok on you YJ drivers side behind your wheel take off the rubber skirt you will see too rubber hoses the bigger one is the fill hose remove that hose (two hose clamps) then you will see that there is a plastic sleeve in side the nipple to the tank grasp the insert and pull it out . it is about 8" long ."" that is what stop the fuel from filling to the top."" then put your hose and skirt back on and your ready to get more gassssss.. It is very simple to do It would take me no more than 15mins to do it . it mite take you a little longer .""""" I have had my jeep like that for five years and i love it 20 gal tank yes yes yes """""
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I know of someone who did something similiar to another vehicle. They had problems with gas pouring out the end when they accelerate from a stop with a full tank. Does this happen to yours? It could be happening and you might not of noticed because of the location of the filler cap. Next time you fill up try accelerating hard then get out and look at the filler cap to see if fuel is dripping out. I'd be interested in making this mod but not if I'm gonna be losing my fuel out the back. Also, what about steep inclines when off road? Do you lose fuel then?[addsig]

My tank seal so well it sucks in a bunch of air when I remove the cap and am near empty so I can not see the chance to loose fule. But I to would like to know if there are nay drw back to this mod. Thanks for posting the tech info! Tug[addsig]

I did it just a month ago when i did my 350 conversion and its worked fine, it was a 2.5L previously, but my friend also has a 91 4.0L and he was the one that i learned out to do it from, no problems on his jeep either[addsig]

My jeep is a 4.0L . I've had mine like that for 4 years I also go off road a lot tellaco, badlands,ETC. I've never seen or had someone tell me that my gas leaks. I've had my jeep standing nearley strat up in the air no leak. I do have a 2" body lift also so that dose make it easyer to do but you can still get it out with out body lift.
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>My tank seal so well it sucks in a bunch of air when I remove the cap and am near empty so I can not see the chance to loose fule. But I to would like to know if there are nay drw back to this mod. Thanks for posting the tech info! Tug</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

TUG your tank vent tube is prob plug up. Take the breather tube off and blow thru it or replace it. It could be pluged ferther up the line some were. good luck.
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Thanks wildbill I will do both this week while waiting for Christmas to run it's course!
image-missing.png
Thanks for the good info and have a great holiday. Oh yea I bet this really freaks out the gas gauge. Tug[addsig]

freaks out the gas gauge????? you mean there are some jeeps out their that actually still have working gas guages
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE> you mean there are some jeeps out their that actually still have working gas guages
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes it is true,but beware if you get to close to it,it will attack
image-missing.png
[addsig]

mine's not one of them... gas gauge has been broken since i got the jeep... and i was tellin all of you in another post about how i play the "how close i can get to empty without runnin out" game (around town, of course). Well the other day when my gauge was fluctuating at about 1/8 full i decided i was gettin close. Filled her up with 19.6 Gal(20 Gal tank)... NEW RECORD! i think im done with that game tho that scared the SH*T out of me... and my wallet [addsig]

haha CT, i play that game all the time, accept my gas mileage fluctuates about as much as gas prices right now so i've run out once to twice, but usually when i have about a gallon to a gallon and a half left it will sputter under full throttle, thats when i know i have to get gas NOW
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Bought my YJ and said son lets go. Jake my 12 year old got in we took off Heaven! riden hard all around into the woods then out of the woods on to the curves of a back road, the jeep would die. Coast to a stop, set a min. then its ready to go. Down the road again around a cruve or a hard break and the Jeep dies. After the third or fourth time I say to Jake we bought ourselves a lemon. Gauge says over a 1/4 tank! You know the rest of the story! Now we judge the tank by to trip meter. Tug[addsig]

Am I the only one with a YJ that still has a working gas guage?? Actually when i first bought it i filled it up and the gauge was still down, for some reason I gave it a tap and it then went way up to past full... oh and speaking of past full, i think im gonna do that 20 gallon tank thing, unless the last guy did it before me! He took out the restrictor pipe in the air cleaner assy hose before I got to it! but everyone knows about that 10 hp gain right? if not here... http://www.concentric.net/%7Ejman/jeepmods.html
image-missing.png
[addsig]

My guage now stays on full for the first 115 miles or so, then starts to drop. I've had over 20gal before at a fillup
image-missing.png
[addsig]

My '95 YJ's gas guage still works and is pretty accurate. When it get's close to that E it's damn near empty. Just yesterday I pulled into the gas station and the needle was touching the Empty line. 19.2 gals.

[addsig]

Back