dash rattle

blue95

I just bought a 1995 jeep yj 2.5 liter....it has sprouted a rattle that sounds very tin like by the passenger firewall....rattles dont' bother me, this is my second jeep, I just can't identify this one rattle, it is driving me crazy, thought it was the battery clamp...nope...any ideas..anyone....just need to find it...:confused: :confused:

Jack mount on the fender under the hood? Perhaps one of the tools isn't fully clamped down? Mine had a rattle like that after changing a tire, because I didn't get them all strapped down good again.

I have the same problem with my 95 YJ. It has a tinny sound and is somewhere by the firewall on the passenger side. I think it is something under the dash, but really can't tell. I've had the glove box out and have felt around under there as far as I could without any luck.

well, i think i have resorted to the old, it hasn't stopped me yet so just turn up the stereo routine....so far so good...

I used to carpool with a guy who had a 92 YJ. I also had a 92 at the time. We both had that wascally wattle and I fixed both of them. To this day I don't know exactly what it was but about 15 zip ties (per Jeep) later each of them were quited.

I used to carpool with a guy who had a 92 YJ. I also had a 92 at the time. We both had that wascally wattle and I fixed both of them. To this day I don't know exactly what it was but about 15 zip ties (per Jeep) later each of them were quited.

What did you do, zip tie pillows to your ears?:???:

:lol:

Back