the jeep is acting like 3 year old

laxpug19

2 really annoying sounds are coming from my jeep. Today was one of the coldest days ive ever experienced. And ive noticed the colder it is the worst one of the sounds is. My steering wheel makes this awful noise like a creeking door when ever i turn it. But it started a few weeks ago and seems to go away after about 10 min of driving. But today it didnt go away... also

last week it sounds like whistling under the hood. Red suggested my alternater... but its random. today it happened and went away by the time i got home from school about 15 min away.

Whistling sounds like a belt thats really cold and stiff. Warms up and goes away, rubber warms up and becomes more pliable.

Try and isolate the steering noise. Get someone to turn it while the engine is on and you stand over the engine and listen. Main points to listen to are the bearing the steering shaft rides on out of the firewall, the steering box, and power steering reservoir.

does the sound under the Jeep sound like "angry sparrows"? That would be the front driveshaft CV.

the steering noise is probably where the shaft passes through a rubber seal. Spray a little silicone on it.

The whistling under the hood? Was there a female Jeep around?

Lucas makes some good power steering additive, siphon some of your fluid out and add the Lucas. Should quiet a noisy pump if the sound is internal.

As for the whistling, have you added any performance parts to the engine? If not, could be a minor vacuum leak.

How cold are we talkin' here? Coldest I've ever lived in was -24 F. There were lots and lots of strange noises coming from my "car" that I never heard again.

friday the high was 0 with a windshield of negative 8

when i rev the engine the noise gets louder... but its completely random like today it didnt do it once..

but that f'n steering wheel is driving me crazy its constand now. i checked my power steering fluid it was full, do i have to change it like oil?

Back