Carb Help!

GWB

I Am Wanting To Change Out The Stock 2 Brl. Carter In My 84 4.2 Cj-7 I Am Thinking About A Holley To Bolt To The Stock Intake. If Anyone Could Give Me A Part Number, Or Just Some Good Advise That Would Help Me Out A Lot.

I was looking at Holley Carbs for a while but never found an exact part #. Summit has a great selection of smaller carbs, if you contact them they should have a suitable suggestion. I changed my mind and got a Motorcraft 2100 after reading about them here. I still need the adapter plate (Lots of posts here with the part #, I forgot it). After that I just need a plenum to my Wrangler filter box, then my total cost should be less than 100$. A new Holley may cost more but anything seems better than the Carter.

I think if you search for threads on carbs to replace the Carter you'll find there's several good reasons that the Motorcraft 2100 is so popular.

Many many good writeups on that swap on the net.

welcome to jeepz!!!!! the ford carb conversion has been covered here six ways to sunday - just do a search for motorcraft (junkyard stuff) - as long as you dont have to pass emissions (like i do here) the conversion is s'posed to be pretty good (i cant do it and pass the test darnit...) g'luck!

Back